Well I am still here in Sydney. I have been out to the airport the last two days
but all the flights to LA have been full and the next several days do not look much better.
So tomorrow I am going to take a gamble and fly to Auckland hoping to get on the 2pm flight to LA. There are 8 seats and I would be standby number two if nothing changes before tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed.
This is the first time I have encountered this problem with staff travel so considering all the flights I have taken and what it has cost this is a small price to pay. I am very lucky to have such good friends like Marianne and Brian who keep taking me to the airport, wait in case I do not get on the flight and then bring me back to their house.
We enjoyed my third goodbye dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant tonight. I better leave before they start charging me rent!