Monday, March 26, 2012

Last day in Sydney

We started out a beautiful sunny day by taking the two labs for an hour walk. Molly (one of the labs) kept looking behind for me as I was dragging myself back up the huge hill Marianne lives on Thank goodness I will not see that hill for another couple of months. We then picked up a cappuccino and off to the wildlife park to visit the koalas and kangaroos.
After the wildlife park we drove down the coast and enjoyed a delicious lunch and visited the Seacliffe bridge to enjoy a spectacular view of the Australian coastline.
Last stop of the day was Cronulla Beach for a coffee and to enjoy the beautiful sun and surf.
Well after visiting 8 countries taking 26 flights, just over 60,000 km at a total cost of $1610 (thanks to staff travel this works out to be .37 cents per km). I started this journey with 26kg of luggage and i am coming home with 51kg (thank you marianne for the extra bag).
It has been a fabulous adventure. Sometimes the anticipation of a journey is better than the journey itself - not so in this case. This journey has exceeded all my expectations which began with watching the Sydney fireworks from the harbour thanks to gaille and ants friends' Cathy and Graham. To traveling through Asia with Brian and Marianne - we have shared some wonderful memories. The best part of traveling is the people you meet and i have been so lucky to meet so many people from all over the world. A special thank you to my Australian friends for making me feel so welcome. Rest assured I will be back in a few months so for now i will just say g'day mate!
At the time of writing this blog it is looking like both the flights to LA tomorrow are fully booked and I am flying standby so who knows when I will make it back to LA- keep your fingers crossed as the plan is to get to LA then to San Fran to spend a few days with Miss Hannah before coming back to Victoria.
Stay tuned for part two of the traveling shoe . . April 30th I fly to Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment