Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January 18th - off to Auckland New Zealand

Flew to Auckland from Melbourne today. Lucked out on a very nice boutique serviced apartment with two bedrooms, new kitchen, livingroom as well as washer and dryer - all for $69 a nite.
When I was checking in a man asked me where I was from in Canada (I have a Canadian flag on my backpack - yes I carry a backpack.) Found out we were both from Victoria and he lives in Oak Bay. I told him I was the former Director at Recreation Oak Bay and he went on to tell me he and his wife are Henderson users and how much that facility means to them. He even asked how Bob Martin was doing. What a small world. He has been here for a month so was able to give me some tips on things to do in New Zealand. He also said this hotel was to recommended to him by a travel agent in Victoria -- I found it on Expedia!! Well off to explore Auckland. Enjoy the snow in Victoria it is about 25 degrees here nice pleasant summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment